Marriott Website Terms and Conditions
This website is controlled by Marriott Asset Management (Pty) Ltd (Marriott) which
is a company established in the Republic of South Africa. The site can be accessed
from various other countries around the world but is designed specifically for persons
located in the Republic of South Africa.
No representation or warranty is made that the materials contained in the site are
appropriate to, available in or appropriate for any other jurisdiction. Those who
access this site do so on their own initiative, and are therefore responsible for
compliance with applicable local laws and regulations.
The information provided on this website is intended to provide you, the user, with
objective information about Marriott’s products and services and is not intended
to constitute advice, guidance or proposal as regards the suitability of any product
in respect of any need you may have. Calculations made/obtained by means of the
tools made available on this website are for illustrative purposes only.
Marriott and/or its service providers consider the information on this website to
be reliable. However, they do not represent or guarantee, directly or indirectly,
its accuracy, nor are they responsible for the consequences of any decisions taken
based on the information.
In addition Marriott is not responsible for and disclaims all liability for any
loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) or expense of
any nature whatsoever which may be suffered as a result of, or which may be attributable,
directly or indirectly, to the use of or reliance upon any information, links, opinions
or services provided through this website.
The user hereby indemnifies Marriott and or its service providers against any claim
or liability arising out of the user’s use of this website. The user waives
any claim which it may have or acquire against Marriott arising out of the user’s
use of this website.
Marriott is a Licensed Financial Services Provider, FSP592.
This e-mail, its contents and any file attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential proprietary information. Access by any other party without the express written permission of the sender is unauthorised. If you have received this e–mail in error you may not copy, distribute or use the contents, attachments or information in any way. Please destroy it and contact the sender.
The e–mail addresses of Marriott’s e-mail users and other addressee(s) that appear on this e-mail may not be used or sold or otherwise made available to others for marketing or any other purposes.
E–mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error–free and Marriott, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message nor for any loss or damage caused as a result of the e–mail being intercepted or the recipient being infected with any virus or other malicious code.
Marriott does not endorse any opinions, conclusions, data or other information contained in this e–mail which is unrelated to the official business of Marriott and furthermore accepts no liability in respect of the unauthorised use of its e–mail facility or the sending of e–mail communications for other than strictly business purposes.
Please note that Marriott reserves the right to access, block, monitor and intercept e–mail addressed to Users in Marriott in accordance with Marriott’s e–mail policy.
Collective Investment Schemes in Securities are medium to long term investments.
The value of your investment may go down as well as up and past performance is not
necessarily a guide to future performance. Collective Investment Scheme prices are calculated
on a net asset value basis. Net asset value is the net value of all assets in the
portfolio including any income accrual and less any permissible deductions from
the portfolio. Where initial fees are applicable these fees are deducted from the
investment consideration and the balance invested in the units at the net asset
value. A schedule of fees and charges and maximum commissions is available from
the management company/scheme. Commission and incentives may be paid from the initial
fee. Forward pricing is used.
Marriott Unit Trust Management Company is a member of the Association of Collective
Investments. Marriott Asset Management (Pty) Ltd is a Licensed Financial Services
The companies represented on this website (“Marriott”) and its
employees respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
Personal information that you supply to us via this website (“your personal
information”) is only used and processed for the purpose:
- for which we request the information, as stated in the relevant web pages; and/or
- to the extent necessary to enable Marriott to meet its obligations to you; and/or
- to comply with our legal obligations.
Marriott will not disclose your personal information to third parties outside Marriott,
- Marriott is permitted or required to do so by law; or
- it is in the public interest to do so; or
- it is necessary to protect the rights of a company in Marriott; or
- you have expressly authorised Marriott to do so.
Marriott may from time to time use your personal information to compile profiles
for statistical purposes. However, such profiles or statistical data cannot be linked
to any identifiable individual.
Marriott has put controls in place to prevent unauthorised access to, modification
or destruction of your personal information, whether accidental or deliberate. These
controls are based on the requirements of the business and conform to commonly accepted
industry standards as well as contractual and legal requirements.
The various companies in Marriott may have different online privacy policies due
to the fact that the nature of their services or products require a deviation from
this general policy. If this is the case, the relevant company’s specific
policy will govern your use of its web site, on–line services and products.
If you do not interact with us or if you browse our website anonymously, we may
from time to time collect information such as your email address.
We may occasionally contact you to inform you of new services or products offered
by a company in Marriott. You will, however, always be given the opportunity to
instruct us to remove your details from our mailing list.
the amended policy on our website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version
will apply each time you access our website.
Marriott is not in any way responsible for the privacy practices or services of
sites linking out of this website.
Copyright subsists in all materials and information on this website. The copyright
in and to these materials and information is exclusively owned by Marriott.
You may use the information and print or reproduce materials from this website only
for your own non–commercial personal use.
Complaints Policy and Guidelines
In terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (The FAIS Act),
it is important for Investors to note the following:
1. The Marriott Complaints Policy
Marriott is committed to:
- Resolving complaints in a manner that is fair to our Investors, business and staff.
- Dealing with complaints in a timely and fair manner with each complaint receiving
proper consideration in a process that is managed appropriately and effectively.
- Ensuring clients have full knowledge of procedures for internal resolution of their
- Ensuring easy access to the complaints resolution facilities – the complaints
resolution facilities can be accessed through the communication centre via post,
email, fax or telephone.
- Empowering staff at the Communication Centre to deal with complaints and ensuring
that non–routine or serious complaints are brought to the attention of the managers
and directors. Training staff on the requirements of The FAIS Act and Marriott's
rules pertaining to resolution of complaints.
- Ensuring that complaints of a routine nature are dealt with in a predefined way.
- Offering full and appropriate redress in all cases where a complaint is resolved
in favour of a client – without delay.
- Informing clients of their right to refer their complaints to The FAIS or Long Term
Insurance Ombudsman should a complaint not be resolved to their satisfaction within
6 weeks from the date on which the complaint was received.
- Maintaining records of all complaints received for a period of 5 years – this
will specify whether or not the complaint was resolved.
- Implementing follow–up procedures to:
- Ensure avoidance of occurrences giving rise to complaints and
- Improve services and complaints systems and procedures where necessary.
The complaints policy outlined above incorporates the requirements of The FAIS Act
with the policy of Marriott.
2. Definition of a Complaint
A complaint means a specific complaint relating to a financial service rendered
by Marriott to a client on or after the date of commencement of The FAIS Act alleging
- Contravened or failed to comply with a provision of The FAIS Act and as a result
the client has suffered or is likely to suffer financial prejudice or damage.
- Willfully or negligently rendered a financial service to the client which has caused
prejudice or damage to a client or which is likely to result in such prejudice or
- Treated the client unfairly.
We can classify complaints into
- Significant Complaints
- A complaint involving a financial loss, reputational risk to Marriott, a repetition
of a minor complaint or where the circumstances warrant it being treated as significant,
eg. Investigation is required. These are also defined as complaints of a serious
- A complaint that is not Significant.
3. Complaints Procedure
All complaints (Significant or Minor) from clients or on behalf of a client will
be forwarded to the Communication Centre on the same day of receipt of such complaint,
if the complaint was directed to staff external to the Communication Centre. The
Communication Centre will log the complaint and follow up with the complaints resolution
- When a complaint is received by the Communication Centre – this will be logged
on the complaints register.
- Minor complaints will be resolved immediately on the phone. These calls will be
If the complaint is Significant or if the complainant still seems dissatisfied or
if the complaint will take time to resolve, then the following steps will be taken:
Significant and Unresolved Complaints
- If the complaint is not in writing, the complainant will be required to lodge the
complaint in writing and include all supporting documentation (eg the policy document,
welcome pack or quarterly report). This is required in terms of The FAIS Act in
writing via fax, email or post.
- Once the complaint has been received in writing, it will be logged as such on the
complaints register. An Acknowledgement of Complaint letter will be completed by
the Communication Centre and sent within 48 hours to the complainant – detailing
the nature of the complaint as understood and the contact details of the person
responsible for resolving it.
- The complaint will then be brought to the attention of the appropriate manager or
director who will attempt to resolve it.
- The complaint will be investigated to ascertain whether the complaint can be resolved
- If the complaint can be resolved immediately (within 5 days), the necessary action
will be taken and the client advised of the resolution telephonically and in writing.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved immediately, the client will be sent a written
summary of the steps to be taken to resolve the matter and the expected date of
- If we are unable to resolve a complaint within 6 weeks of logging the complaint,
or if the complaint cannot be resolved in favour of the client, the client will
be notified accordingly in writing:
- Of his/her right to proceed to refer the complaint to the Office of The FAIS Ombud
(if any other than a Long Term Insurance product) or to the Long–Term Insurance
- The client may do so within 6 months of receipt of such notification.
4. Contact Details for the Resolution of Complaints
0800 336 555
Outside South Africa
+27 31 765-0700
PO Box 2099, Hillcrest, 3650, South Africa
Marriott House, 2 Delamore Road, Hillcrest, 3610, South Africa